Sunday 8 June 2008

Spirited Away...

320...

The number of minutes away from being Spirited Away to a (not-so)foreign land for the next 2 months.

I've probably already ran through the process in my head quite a number of times over the last few months, with reality creeping closer and closer with each iteration of the mental cycle.

Partial feelings of excitement, anxiety and expectancy all run through my veins as I lay in wait over the course of the hours. "I'm sure you'll be fine", "I'm sure you'll have fun" are the lines that are so often heard these days.

Undoubtedly. After all, I'm always been quite the fan of American culture; and an even bigger passionate for travelling.

Always believing in stepping out of the comfort zone, always being the Experiential, always preaching about chasing the dream; its finally now come down to this... 320 away from putting my money where my mouth is and taking the step of faith... the big step towards an unprecedented level of independence and freedom, for better or for worse; yet almost essential for my growth in all aspects regardless.

But on a lighter note, the comforting fact is that at least the days prior to this departure have been more than well spent. I believe that I've almost done all I wanted to do (yeah, Ninja Gaiden II)and met almost all who mattered over the course of the last few weeks, which I'm sure most who are in this list should know that they already are, no matter how little I say it. For those, I say "... in 2 months time."

Yet, there are some things, 3 of particular note, that one can never say a confident goodbye to. And to those, it has to be "You will be missed..."

302....

Minutes away to the gates... the gates that lead to the doors of hope to the next phase of the dream.

........... I hope I'm ready.



................... See you on the Other Side


4 comments:

koon said...

*ouch, dear...i'm already missing you..

no amount of cuddles are enough.. :(

i'll be waiting for ya regular updates yupps? :D


chubchub

x`p said...

Given our very occasional meet-ups (and considering the last I met you was a few months ago too), I suppose I will see you when you are back.

You would be at the other side of the world when you read this - enjoy, relish, experience, celebrate.

All the very best :)

Miffi said...

such melancholy.
anyway, good luck over there and have fun!
bon voyage.

-geraldine

Anonymous said...

You ARE living the dream... however small steps you're taking. This will be a fruitful trip, I believe...

And Mr Vampire, you just have to believe it too.

Have a great time. =)