Friday 9 November 2007

Halloween in the Schizophrenic Mind

???: I know its a little belated, but... Happy Halloween Dr. Jerkyll.

Dr. Jerkyll: A very Happy Halloween to you to Mr. Snyde, But say, I think the belated is a little more that a little, considering Halloween came a little early for us this year.

Mr Snyde: Huh? I'm not THAT late, its only like a week back that I was all dressed-up about town, scary the shit out of innocent kids with nuts for guts.

Dr. Jerkyll: Well, if I remember correctly, Halloween came a little early for us this year, as we were already scaring the, *ahem*, in your words, "shit" out of people in, what was it? August? Remember how the female freshmen this year regarded us as, as much as I hate to say it.... *ahem* "scary".

Mr. Snyde: Oh yeah, I remember that. Being almost unanimously voted the "scariest" in the group by a bunch of straight-out-of-Junior-College 19-year old Chics, That was a blast, I'm sure. Bah! 19-year old chics, what do they know. Besides, it was your fault that we ended up in that debacle.

Dr. Jerkyll: I beg your pardon! My fault?! In what way was it my fault?

Mr. Snyde: Well, it was you, who had to go around spreading your "extreme opinions." So "extreme" that they probably felt mentally imposed upon by your dogmatic beliefs. Couple that with a knack for arguing and debating your way out of things, you probably left them in fear or saying anything that would oppose your opinions.

Dr. Jerkyll: Well, excuse me, Mr. Snyde, I personally don't think there is anything wrong with holding an opinion. I admit that at times, I might be a little opinionated, perhaps to the point that it is a little imposing for the weaker minds of these "sheep." But it is not my fault that they are "sheep" to begin with. If they had any form of an opinion, as in a strong one, they should either be able to silently hold on to it without faltering under the influence of others, or to be able to communicate it, and match it up against mine.

[Mr. Snyde subconsciously nods along]

Dr. Jerkyll: I think the problem lies more with you actually.

Mr. Snyde: Me? How can it be me? Please. I'm the charismatic Mr. Snyde, well-loved by all, especially the ladies. There is nothing scary about me.

Dr. Jerkyll: What about the fabled "shallowness" that you are so notoriously renowned for? The open proclamation of judging the value of girls based on their physical attributes, specifically their countenance and their mammaries? And what about the constant impression that you portray of being out "fishing" for your next potential romantic interest, and seemingly doing everything with an ulterior motive, down to choosing who you talk to? How do you explain that?

Mr. Snyde: Please, I'm a boobs-man, EVERYBODY knows that. You know that I've always been rather open about the things that I like or dislike, and I am not afraid to verbalise or express my said interests.

Dr. Jerkyll: Yes, I know exactly how you feel about the expressing part.

Mr. Snyde: And about the "fishing" part, well, its no secret that I like skirt-chasing, which normal hot-blooded male doesn't? And is it really wrong to wear such intentions on your sleeve? You know that I've always been a player of the open game, and would rather do things in the brash open than covertly in the shadows. It's just my style.

Dr. Jerkyll: And have you not considered the trauma caused by the culture shock of meeting someone like you, of said style, on these innocent young pups the moment that they enter into University, causing them to *ahem* bowl over in fear?

Mr. Snyde: Yeah, maybe, but fuck it, man. Call it whatever you want, this is the real world, and they can't expect to always be meeting people who are so nice, decent and honest, just for the sake of it, or cos "it's the right thing to do." It all comes down to honesty, man.

Dr. Jerkyll: Honesty? How so?

Mr. Snyde: Well, we've been said to be "Brutally Honest" if you recall. And this is on 2 fronts I think, internally and externally. I'm "Brutally Honest" internally, I not only express, but LIVE my inner thoughts and emotions out. I don't really hide the thoughts and feelings that should be hidden by conventional standards, such as my said taste for bigger cup-sizes. And perhaps this form of honesty scares the shit out of people tied down by the web of societal conventions, or those who are just simply not used to it.

Dr. Jerkyll: Then I guess I have to be the external aspect of "Brutal Honesty," outwardly and outspokenly expressing my opinions and thoughts to others in its most raw state, with no regard for the societal tact that normally wraps the communication of such opinions. Perhaps even to the point that these "sheep" so used to the societal standards of tact find it jarring and disorientating when I can project my unadulterated opinions so openly.

Mr. Snyde: Yup, now we're on the same page Dr. J.

Dr. Jerkyll: So, now that we know that our individual defiance of societal norms and standards scares people, it comes down to one final important question then... Would you or would you not, change anything about you at all so that you are less "scary"?

Mr. Snyde: Nope. If being less scary means losing a little of my individuality and my freedom of expression, just so that I can fit in to their standards and expectations, then hell no.

Dr. Jerkyll: Neither will I, Mr. Snyde, neither will I.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Mr. Snyde: Happy Halloween, Dr. Jerkyll.

Dr. Jerkyll: Happy Halloween, Mr. Snyde.

2 comments:

koon said...

hahas. what a good Schizophrenic mind. Hope you're not suffering from schizophenia...hahas but going by the symptoms of Schizo..you're not.hahas! =x

But yea, amazing post!
hahaas..the inner mind vs outward behavior.

Look forward to meet more of Mr Snyde....

Jeremy Kang said...

Glad you like it my dear. This idea has been at the back of my schizophernic mind for quite a while. Finally decided to pen it down... haha.

Mr. Synde? I thought you prefer to see more of Dr. Jerkyll? Then again, both are equally lovable...haha.